Ann: SWI-Prolog 8.5.5

I will know this soon. I guess I’ll have to explain each single warning or pragma to the CRAN maintainers, so it is already an improvement if the number of pragmas is reduced. Let’s see. We’ve already made some progress.

2 Likes

Hmm. It seems hamcrest-core is not a direct dependency of ours and installing the deps one by one on the M1 on Monterey doesn’t complain. Where is this coming from?

This seems simple. Port db62 installs clean on Macports and SWI-Prolog works fine (better) with version 6.2. Will use that for the next release.

@ridgeworks I am not sure if this helps you, but there is a patcher that allows older macs to run newer versions of OSX
http://dosdude1.com/software.html

I’ve used these patchers in the past to get as far as 10.13, but it’s not a solution I’m entirely comfortable with, not to mention loss of software functionality with newer OS versions.

I’ve got a minimal Mojave system on a separate boot drive that will do for now - mainly for test purposes. For ongoing development I use earlier versions of the MacOS SWIP bundle.

Ok, the “warnings” from R CMD check --as-cran have now disappeared! Very good. Thank you for considering my issue and my attempts to solve this.

There are 3 “notes” left, which will probably be tolerated. I will, nevertheless, prepare another PR for mallocinfo.c, because it seems easy (several files are involved). As I said, my problem has already been solved, so feel free to reject it if you think it causes harm.