Crowd-Contributing a Prolog Cookbook … an embryonic kernel (Discussion)

Actually you are not because this was never meant to have a time limit or be a daily discussion. I am actually glad you jumped in.

With a slight change of the statement to

An interactive programming example is more instructive than a static text example.

you are in a popular group.

This is a great idea, would you like a new category here to collect such? You have to think of a name for the category and if I like it I will create it. We will also need to discuss a few more details if it is to be done on this site, but I am very open to helping with this idea.

It is not seen as that at all, but thanks for the thought. Over the years I have learned that if something is not correct or making progress to just set it aside and start again, or in this case I see no reason both can not be done. While we don’t talk about it here much, one of the main reasons to self-host Discourse is to allow us to extend it beyond what can be done within a Discourse hosted site. (Many thanks to Discourse for supporting us).

Jan W. and the authors of Learn Prolog Now! have visited this idea before with a variation of Learn Prolog Now!.

The main link is Learn Prolog Now! but to see the real difference you need a page like Unification which shows image

See: Does PLDoc have a way to incorporate unit tests akin to Python’s doctest? and specifically this post for more details.

Also Paul Brown started something similar, see: Learn Prolog Now: Request for contribution

There are other post here that also talk about this variation of LPN. (search)

In short you are travelling down a path with many deep ruts while pulling your cart along, but as you proceed you will see many abandoned carts on the side. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes