KLIC in HAYABUSA2

I have received an email from a colleague of mine, in which his work on KLIC (C-implementation of KL1 ) about 1995 is used in HAYABUSA2.

Sorry this rough information. If you ask me I may be able to additional information, not sure.

Onboard signal processing system of HAYABUSA2

Optical navigation functions were successfully demonstrated during the touch down operations of HAYABUSA2 on the asteroid Ryugu. Operations must be completed within specified durations. In other words, hard real time performance must be guaranteed. The hard real-time performance of sensor signal processing functions of DE-ONC and the low latency performance of optical navigation using image recognition functions have also been successfully validated. A radiation hardened Micro-Controller Unit (MCU) and Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) are integrated for the image operation circuitry by implementing parallel processing scheme to guarantee the hard real-time performance. The scheme refers to a language processing system KLIC. KLIC is based on a distributed object model of the parallel inference system. The system was developed for the Fifth Generation Computer Systems Project aiming at artificial intelligence technology development. The evaluation results of image recognition functions are shown in this lecture.

1 Like