Any advise/suggestions on creating an SWI-Prolog build machine based on Ubuntu on WSL 2 on Windows

In trying to understand a build failure of the latest RocksDB pack (commit 9a88bb9) will be creating dedicated machine based on Ubuntu on WSL 2 on Windows following the information noted at

SWI-Prolog – Installation on Linux, *BSD (Unix)
Prerequisites for Debian based systems (Ubuntu, Mint, …)

as the info there may be dated are there any additional/new advise/suggestions …?

I’m not aware of serious mistakes in the build instructions. On Debian derived systems a simple copy/paste of the dependencies does the job for me. Occasionally some tweaking is needed, but not for recent Ubuntu versions AFAIK.

The RocksDB issue seems an issue between the C++ compiler and the RocksDB source. Haven’t seen that here. I don’t know why as my dev machine runs Ubuntu 22.04. Probably the safest option is to update the rocksdb submodule to the latest (stable) rocksdb version.

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

That is my current course of action. Just wanted to remove any possible variables such as toolchain differences so just going all in and creating a new virtual machine as I don’t do SWI-Prolog builds ever, normally just install from the latest Windows build.