Blog post on graphical grammars

Hello all,
I would like to share one of my passion project through a very simple blog post on how to relate a triangle with it’s graphical representation.

This is my first real blog post so I would like to know if this writing style was easy to read ?
Also, I tried very hard to simplify things a lot and to not omit any details so that even a new prolog user can follow the post.

If you see any mistakes, please let me know so that I can correct it.

Link to the blog post: Triangle · Kwon-Young Choi

3 Likes

This looks very interesting. I liked it as far as I could understand. It seems a nice project

Well thank you for your kind words :slight_smile:

Since it’s my first time writing such a blog post, I would like to know if there was anything unclear or badly explained ?
Could you point out which part was the most unclear to you ?

I didn’t read it all. I just read the first part and I thought it was clear and I found the topic interesting. I might take some time reading it more in detail and letting you know. But it won’t happen in next two/three days but I’ll let you know

I don’t know what “to grok” means. I read that Elon Musk has launched a generative AI project under that name, and I read it’s a kind of geek jargon meaning…I don’t remember what (being sarcastic maybe?). I wouldn’t use the term, or if you like exactly to appeal to that kind of audience (the computer insiders, so to say) I think you should use a footnote to explain what words like these mean, if by chance a generic reader happens to read your blog

In general I think it’s very clearly written. Easy to follow and interesting topic

It has a Wiki page: Grok - Wikipedia

It means

“to understand intuitively or by empathy, to establish rapport with” and “to empathize or communicate sympathetically (with); also, to experience enjoyment”

Or in context of computer science

When you claim to “grok” some knowledge or technique, you are asserting that you have not merely learned it in a detached instrumental way but that it has become part of you, part of your identity. For example, to say that you “know” Lisp is simply to assert that you can code in it if necessary – but to say you “grok” Lisp is to claim that you have deeply entered the world-view and spirit of the language, with the implication that it has transformed your view of programming. Contrast zen, which is a similar supernatural understanding experienced as a single brief flash.

1 Like

I use it as a synonym of “to understand”.
Although wikipedia page linked by @Boris seems to imply of much more profound understanding than just “to understand”…

I’ll change the blog post with “to understand” since it is clearer.

@Marco By the way, thank you very much for taking some of your time to read and comment the post :slight_smile:

Hi. The blog post looks interesting but I think it’s meant to have a couple of embedded images. However, I can’t see any images. I tried with both Firefox and Chrome.

There were a couple of images…a triangle and a circle if I remember well. I use Safari because I have a Mac and tend to use the default :sweat_smile:

Do you disable javascript when browsing the web ?
I’ve used a javascript library JSXGraph to visualize some geometrical figure.
Maybe I should have just sticked to images…

I have javascript enabled in both browsers I tried. I sometimes use text-based browsers to browse but not in this case :slight_smile:

Your page is loading very slowly and indeed the JavaScript for rendering the images is not loading at all. This one:

https://jsxgraph.org/distrib/jsxgraphcore.js

Thank you for your feedback.
I think I’m just going to remove them or convert them into images since it doesn’t seem to work.

what a pity… JSXGraph seems to be alive and kicking…
I would first try to switch to some CDN instead (https://cdnjs.com/libraries/jsxgraph)… it’s pretty easy.

I had no problem whatsoever. I don’t know whether it was Safari’s magic. But everything worked ok. Just letting you know.

I’ve tried to switch the cdn for jsxgraph.
@Boris or @stassa.p would it be possible to test load the link again ?

1 Like

Yes right now your blogpost loads instantly

Yes, the images load correctly now. Thanks!