How to find an already available open dictionary application like ways2 in prolog for private use?

Hi

I would be interesting to use Prolog to solve some problems I have with the English language :wink: as it is really too complex for me (as stassa p. did explain 2020.01.16 in How to find an already available open genealogy application in prolog for private use? - #10 by stassa.p ).

Twenty years ago, it was no problem for someone speaking German:

• You did buy a PC from Highscreen (an old bigest German PC dealer)
  • As all Highscreen PCs it did offer you the free version of Ways2 (Highscreen did buy and supply one Million of licences of Ways2 for this purpose from the genial Hannes Keller, programmer, virtuose pianist and deep diving pioneer) coming with a dictionary German-English
  • You did start it
  • and after that, all that what you did enter in German language into your keyboard did appear in English on the screen and be recorded so in the processed file ;-)) ! Super.
  • if Ways2 didn’t know the German word it did record it and ask for a valid answer (to find in a dictionary in book form or on the web) and your own copy of the dictionary did grow…

20 years later :-(( nothing more in Linux, and, I suppose, nothing more in Windows as Ways2 was memory resident app’ not being any more possible in Windows NT and following!

Same situation as for genealogy and food: one of the most used examples for Prolog demonstrations…

Is my problem eventually already solved in Prolog? For example for the BASIC English from C.K. Ogden with 850 words (can be compared with the genealogy base from the English Royal family offered in the link above)? If it is able to grow like the dictionaries in Ways2, you can easily extend it yourself and redefine each word using the BASIC English dictionary (more than 15000 entries) using only BASIC English word chains :wink: !

Kind regards