How to modify janus.pl in packages-swipy library. Do I need to modify the main SWIPL distribution?

I want to change some of the relations in the janus.pl file in the packages-swipy library.

If I make changed to the Python files in the repo, such as adding debug statements to the query_once method in janus.py, then I can see the impact when I use janus in Python.

However, if I make changes to the janus.pl file, the changes are not reflected in the code. For instance, if I delete everything in janus.pl and I perform query_once(listing(janus:_)), then there is code.

Is janus.pl loaded from SWIPL distribution rather than the packages-swipy library? In other words, do I need to clone the main SWIPL repo (and all submodules), modify it, and build it from source to change janus.pl?

Well, there is only one janus.pl and that is in the swipy package. If you clone that outside SWI-Prolog and use it with some installed version of SWI-Prolog it will probably use janus.pl from the swipy package used to create the SWI-Prolog version.

That is what I thought, thanks!