I want to add an annotation to this page of the Web documentation:

http://www.swi-prolog.org/pldoc/doc_for?object=base64%3Abase64url/2

The text says:

base64url(-Plain, +Encoded) is det Translates between plaintext and base64url encoded atom or string. Base64URL encoded values can safely be used as URLs and file names. The use "-" instead of "+", "_" instead of "/" and do not use padding. This implies that the encoded value cannot be embedded inside a longer string.

I believe the second to last sentence in that paragraph should say:

Strings generated by *base64url* use "-" instead of "+", "_" instead of "/", and do not use padding.

The page says I need to login to make an annotation but I don’t know what to use as my login details. Or is there a GitHub repository I should clone instead and then make a pull request from?

If you login with your GitHub account it is just using those credentials to identify who you are. The reason a GitHub option is appearing is because many developers have a GitHub account and it is easier to just pick that then type in a password. What it gives you is the right to add an annotation to the page that shows up at the bottom.

While I understand that seeing a GitHub id request brings the idea of a pull-request, that is not what will happen.

Here is an example of an annotation I made to Character Escape Syntax

1 Like

That’s odd. When I click the login link I get an OpenID login dialog. I don’t see any GitHub option. I thought OpenID died out a long time ago?

Sorry I made the assumption that you are logged into your GitHub account if you have one. Odd day when I am not logged into a Gmail account.

For me because my GitHub/Gmail id is logged in is

Capture

then upon clicking the Google icon I get a list of my logged in Gmail accounts to choose from.

I think the original version of it died out but it was reborn into something else, can’t remember details. See OpenID