Pack with foreign code

pack_rebuild(bddem). does not work anymore, I get this error

**ERROR: file `'/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem/Makefile.am'' does not exist**

**ERROR: In:**

**ERROR: [24] time_file('/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem/Makefile.am',_41858)**

**ERROR: [23] apply:maplist_(['/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem/Makefile.am'],[_41902|_41904],build_make:time_file) at /usr/local/lib/swipl/library/apply.pl:233**

**ERROR: [21] catch(build_make:maplist(time_file,...,...),error(existence_error(source_sink,_41964),_41958),build_make:fail) at /usr/local/lib/swipl/boot/init.pl:561**

**ERROR: [20] build_make:needs_build('/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem'/'Makefile.in',['/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem'/'Makefile.am']) at /usr/local/lib/swipl/library/build/make.pl:146**

**ERROR: [19] build_make:automake(#{bin_dir:'/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem',env:[...|...],src_dir:'/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem'}) at /usr/local/lib/swipl/library/build/make.pl:106**

**ERROR: [18] prolog:build_step(configure,configure,#{bin_dir:'/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem',env:[...|...],src_dir:'/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem'},#{bin_dir:'/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem',env:[...|...],src_dir:'/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem'}) at /usr/local/lib/swipl/library/build/make.pl:70**

**ERROR: [17] build_tools:build_step(configure,#{bin_dir:'/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem',env:[...|...],src_dir:'/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem'},#{bin_dir:'/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem',env:[...|...],src_dir:'/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem'}) at /usr/local/lib/swipl/library/build/tools.pl:105**

**ERROR: [16] apply:foldl_([configure,build|...],build_tools:build_step,#{bin_dir:'/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem',env:[...|...],src_dir:'/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem'},_42266) at /usr/local/lib/swipl/library/apply.pl:316**

**ERROR: [12] build_tools:build_steps([distclean,dependencies|...],'/Users/fabrizio/.local/share/swi-prolog/pack/bddem') at /usr/local/lib/swipl/library/build/tools.pl:99**

**ERROR: [9] toplevel_call('<garbage_collected>') at /usr/local/lib/swipl/boot/toplevel.pl:1117**

**ERROR:**

**ERROR: Note: some frames are missing due to last-call optimization.**

**ERROR: Re-run your program in debug mode (:- debug.) to get more detail.**

However, if I go the pack folder and run

source buildenv.sh
./configure
make
make install

everything works smoothly.
The pack location is https://github.com/friguzzi/bddem
Thanks
Fabrizio

Thanks. I’ve done some serious work on the infrastructure to build the foreign part of packs. Is is a bit hard to debug all scenarios though. Fixed this one.

1 Like

Thanks Jan.
It doesn’t give the error now but it doesn’t seem to run make install though…

Ok. That was missing too :frowning: Works for me now. Sorry …

Thanks, working for me too