Parameter auto-complete for SWI-Prolog?

I’m using: SWI-Prolog version 8.1.9 on Windows 8.1.

My editor of choice for editing Prolog source is Notepad++. Does anyone know if there is a plug-in that will give you the same functionality some of the commercial code editors do? For example, when editing Javascript with JetBrain’s WebStorm IDE, after I type the open paren for a function name, an overlay window shows me the parameter list for the function and the help text for that parameter. As I move through the parameters, the window updates to show me the help info for the current parameter.

Is there anything like this for Prolog and Notepad++?

If not, has anyone come up with a trick or tip to emulate this? My app has gotten fairly large now and I find myself frequently jumping between predicates and the predicates that call them to remember the parameter names for the callee function.

The extension VSC-Prolog to Visual Studio Code has these features and I do use the extension daily, but the features you seek do not currently work with my install. Maybe it is just me not using it correctly but have a look, you may get it to work.

EDIT

Just did the monthly upgrade of VSC and now it is working.

1 Like

Thanks Eric. Are you running VSCode on Windows or Linux, would you mind giving me your O/S version that you’re running VS Code on?

Windows 10

From command prompt header

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.829]