Discord channel for PROLOG

Dear Prologuers

Do you guys know the application called DISCORD?

It is a full featured set of chat rooms capable of voice and video conferencing.

If we have one, I’d like the invitation link to join.

If we don’t have one, I can easily create one and I would be happy to meet you all in that virtual room.

We don’t need to start from scratch. There are programming groups with channels for various languages. If they know we are interested, I can ask them to create a channel specifically for PROLOG as well, instead of creating one from zero.

The advantage is that those servers already have thousands of programmers, many of them could be interested in PROLOG and join the channel.

Anyhow, as long as we can add this tool of communication to our belt, I’ll be glad to follow any path you guys like.

Thanks.

Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

“I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant” – Alan Greenspan

GPG Key: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x5A107A425102382A

Creation date: pgp.mit.edu ID as of 2014-11-09

Yes, but I don’t use it because IMHO it is to chatty; low signal to noise ratio. I am satisfied with using Discourse (which is not DISCORD) for communicating with others about SWI-Prolog, however others may have a different view. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

i think that sums it up for AI :slight_smile:

No time like the present!

Joined. Accessed the Prolog channel. Claimed my account. Verified my email. Got confirmation. Next I got an error everytime I login saying that something went wrong and that I must verify my account using my phone (not a username or password error). Discord FAQ states:

Discord currently uses phone verification as an anti-abuse tool. If our robo-hamsters sense something strange going on, you may be asked to complete a phone verification to log back in.

As I refuse to provide my phone number, this was a very short lived experience.

6 Likes

These services are a shame.

I remember the good old days when you could telnet to a unix machine across the world, to a free account without worrying about anyone trying to spy on you or sell your personal profile; there was a kind of trust among all the academics who at that time were the only ones on the network (the name “internet” was not used till much later, and html did not even exist).

2 Likes