Understanding Bratko `translate` predicate

I am grateful you are willing to learn Prolog, are willing to accept advise and change course when suggested, and looking at the details, however this site is not for teaching Prolog.

Options

• Some users here will help more than others so you can ask but don’t always expect a reply.
  • You also have the Bratko book which is still relevant at your level and worth taking a month or two to work through. Be advised that the book does not use append/3 but instead uses conc/3. Do yourself a favor and use append/3 when the book uses conc/3. Don’t believe me, check the books index at the back.
  • For simple questions such as yours ChatGPT is not bad, it is also not great, but it is good at summarizing much of the information from its training data into coherent replies, however you do have to know Prolog to know when it is wrong or test out everything it tells you to know when it is wrong or hallucinating, which I too have to do for some things, e.g. popcount.
  • See: Useful Prolog references

Feel free to ask your own questions and post what you learn along the way, I am sure others will read and learn from what you post.

1 Like