Which Discourse plug-ins?

As some of you may have noticed we are exploring the possibility of moving this site from being hosted by Discourse the company to self-hosting. At present I don’t have any ideas on a time frame of when this could/would happen. One of the options that opens up with self-hosting a Discourse site is the potential ability to run any Discourse plug-in.

There is a list of standard plug-ins here, additional plug-ins here and the possibility to write custom plug-ins.

While I have my own ideas about which plug-ins to add and some that I would like to create, I want to hear back from the community on your thoughts. This is mostly so that I can get an idea of what to consider when working on the build process. Lastly, remember to be respectful of others.

A note about the chat plug-in. It has been discussed and decided not to be activated. While I will not delete post about it, I will move them off to a separate topic.

I would suggest

1. Math plugin
  2. Solved

And whatever plugins we already have (perhaps with already have the above two).

Thanks.

They are both currently installed and active on this site.

Math Plugin

Example of solved

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Adding (==)/2 to component theme: Auto linkify Prolog predicates