Windows prolog editor

I created this Editor with visual-prolog, it uses the Scintilla -editor through the DLL.

It can handle swi prolog syntax, best is to use the atoms with single quotes.

download the Zip, extract the Tree and
start editor.exe in de the folder editor

there are Readme.txt files in the folders

• I created it because in most editors for me as a programmer
    the search functions are insufficient, they do not keep your search
    words, and you have to leave your current editor to be able to copy
    parts of other files, this is realized here through the button: Edit extern
    download the zip file
3 Likes

Hi- good effort. I appreciate all such attempts at IDE creation since no IDE does everything well.

Unfortunately- I find it very confusing - (what’s with all the html?) and when I try to do somehting as simple as open a prolog file, I get:

===== 2022-04-08 11:35:38 =======================

Attempt to assert a second instance of a determ fact

error code = 311
ExtraInfo = Attempt to assert the second instance of the determ fact 'cfname'

determFact (runtime_exception)
runtime_exception::runtimeExceptionRaiser
pfc\exception\runtime_exception.pro(21,65)

C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipRun.dll (0x1450AF18)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipKernel.dll (0x14002DC9)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipKernel.dll (0x14003AD3)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipRun.dll (0x1450AE81)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipRun.dll (0x1450AF18)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipRun.dll (0x1450B27B)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipRun.dll (0x1450BD47)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipRun.dll (0x1450BE2D)
c:\program files (x86)\visual prolog 9\pfc\stream\inputstreamsupport\inputsupport.pro(49)
c:\program files (x86)\visual prolog 9\pfc\filesystem\file.pro(585)
editorform\editorform.pro(242)
taskwindow\taskwindow.pro(66)
c:\program files (x86)\visual prolog 9\pfc\gui\window.pro(1131)
c:\program files (x86)\visual prolog 9\pfc\gui\window.pro(1977)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipKernel.dll (0x14008F85)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipVpi.dll (0x15310F18)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipVpi.dll (0x15316057)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipVpi.dll (0x15313D95)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipVpi.dll (0x1531C181)
C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll (0x7470D2D3)
C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll (0x746ED30A)
C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll (0x746ECC54)
C:\WINDOWS\System32\USER32.dll (0x746ECA10)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipVpi.dll (0x1531F1B1)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipVpi.dll (0x1531ED76)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipVpi.dll (0x1531EFE5)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipVpi.dll (0x1531ED95)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipVpi.dll (0x1531F443)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipVpi.dll (0x1531F215)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipVpi.dll (0x1531E20C)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipVpi.dll (0x1531A790)
c:\program files (x86)\visual prolog 9\pfc\vpi\vpi.pro(14)
c:\program files (x86)\visual prolog 9\pfc\windowsapi\exe_api\exe_api.pro(51)
c:\program files (x86)\visual prolog 9\pfc\application\exe\mainexe.pro(36)
c:\program files (x86)\visual prolog 9\pfc\application\exe\mainexe.pro(19)
editor.pro(12)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipKernel.dll (0x140090F4)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\vipKernel.dll (0x1400945D)
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\editor_dist\editor_dist\editor_folder\editor_sub\editor\editor.exe (0x0053A0F7)
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll (0x77BE1B69)
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll (0x77BE1B34)
OS: Windows 10.0 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.5006) 64-bit Windows Server 2016 Standard

hi great that you tried using it,

the Main menu with File open dont work, i have not been using these
because i open all the files through the Browse-buttons,

this editor has to be updated indeed to a better version, i can make an update very soon, i will post it here.

I am very hounored that somebody did actually install it.

the editor uses the scintilla editor, the rest is done through windows button
programming, It saves every thing as Utf-8 files.

the search is done by reading all the files on disk,

a lot of things need to be added to make it usable, also a status window is needed

main reason i tried to make it, is that search through files functions in most IDEs are limited, and also the possibility to copy parts of other files in the current file without losing position is often impossible

1 Like

I appreciate the effort you’ve put into it.

Well, to get more installs, you should first tell us clearly what are we going to get. A screenshot showing the opened prolog files, editing/execution features, etc.

dear Jeshan,

1 screen shot was attached in the first post, the main thing what you can going to get is an editor which can browse many folders, it remembers all the folders that you did open before, also after closing the program. The editor has syntax coloring for Xml Html, Prolog, Cpp, it ignores png, jpg images in the browse listings, i will update the program very soon. Indeed more screen shots and more documentation is needed.

thankyou

1 Like

hi, I updated the downloadable zip by updating the editor.exe which is present in it.

The editor has now 2 extra functions under File,

• 1 saves the path to swi-prolog executable

• 2 it can start swi-prolog executable , and sets the
    current working directory command in the clipboard

• the saving of files is now displayed in the status area

1 Like